Saturday, July 30, 2011

Final reflection

My final reflection marks a new beginning.

In my initial post I stated that, "Although I am on a slow learning curve with technology I am encouraged. Appropriate use of technology in the classroom has the potential to open many doors to learning. Once the "overhead" is dealt with there is incredible potential for differentiation, collaboration and creativity during inquiry and problem-solving activities. Through this course I look forward to exploring the possibilities that technology offers for not only my student's learning but my own."

Actually, I wasn't encouraged. I wanted to drop the class. I was overwhelmed and the course wiki drove me crazy. I couldn't figure out where the assignments were posted, I couldn't figure out how and where to post a comment (just scroll down, silly), and my laptop had just crapped out(sorry for the slang). To make matters worse, whenever I tried to post on someone's blog I lost it.

Well, I'm still a digital immigrant but I'm learning this new language and I'm adopting the culture. I am pleased with what I have learned but very aware of my status as the new kid on the block. I can't wait to initiate my wiki this year and I pray that I will be able to push through the challenges. I hope that my vision will be embraced by many students. Perhaps there will be a handful of kids for whom this opens a door for success and confidence. In any event I have emerged successfully. I am very thankful to my classmates for their encouraging comments, help in times of trouble, and above all, their inspiring ideas. Thanks also to Eric for setting things up in a way that facilitates individual growth with lots of group support.

Good luck all and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment