Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 5: Tools Exploration

My big focus this week was to clean up, decorate and streamline my blog.  I've also linked my blog to my class webpage.  I've also played with the set up of a wiki but, as usual, I have a very slow learning curve so I will need to spend a lot more time with it in the coming days. Unfortunately I also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to post comments on the blogs of my classmates.  Occasionally I am successful but more often than not I am not successful and I still don't know why.  I would love some suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. Susan, I like the tones and colors of your blog...seems very peaceful! Whenever I post comments on anyones blog, and before I actually hit the "Post Comment" button, I always copy and paste the comment into a word document (that I name Week 5, Week 4, etc.) That way if it doesn't post for some reason, I don't have to try to recreate my comment (sometimes I have something awesome to say...but can't remember exactly what I wrote and then...poof! it's gone and I have to start over with my thoughts...ugh!) So as soon as I get this comment done, I will copy it into Week 6 word document in my folder for Web2.0 Tools class! Usually if my comment doesn't post the first time, I will just get into the Post a Comment section of the page and copy and paste my response back into it again, hit the "Post Comment" button again and it works! I'm not sure if that helps at all, but at least you aren't recreating your dialogue over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori. I just started saving my attempts. However, I am more often than not unable to post. It's inconsistent so I can't figure out what I do right when it actually posts and what I do wrong when it does not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the look of your blog. I think I will try to work on mine a bit as well. And Lori, thanks for the idea about saving the comments before posting. I have had trouble as well with posts not going through.

    ReplyDelete